"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Life Skills, Yo!

My friend Kate ran her first marathon today up in Wisconsin.  I can't wait to read the report.  On the way to Wisconsin she had a little mishap when her tire went flat on the interstate (Click here to read about it).  This got me thinking about how important it is to know how to change a tire.  Flat tires are the same whether it's a car, bike, motorcycle, etc. it's not "if" you get a flat it's "when".  When my daughters started driving I made sure that they knew how to change a tire.  I talked them through it explaining the importance of each step as we went.  Can't say if they will remember the lesson when the time comes but maybe they will, and this will prompt them to call me and thank me for showing them what to do, and tell me I was right about everything, and... Wait, I forgot to whose kids I was referring.  Well at least I did my part.

Here is a little instructional video for those that aren't sure what to do.

2 comments:

  1. As big of a baby as I was about having to change the tire, I'm glad I know how to now. And it's so not as hard as I made it out to be in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26.2 by dean k. you need that on your book shelf

    ReplyDelete