"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Return to Berryman, or Team Godzilla Attacks the Trails!

Tomorrow after work Beth and I will be headed down to Southern Missouri for the Berryman Trail 50 again.  Actually I am going for the 50 and Beth is going because she loves me.  We will be staying at the Super8 motel in Potosi, again.  This is all sounding like a flash back to 2008 when I first ran the 50.

My training sort of fell off last month after Double Chubb so I am not as physically prepared as I would like to be but mentally I am in the zone.
 
The big difference between 2008 and 2011 is that this time I won't be running alone.  Jim Donahue will be running the 50mile course with me.  It is funny to hear us talk about the race because we both know we are not prepared but I say Jim is more ready and he says he thinks I am.  We'll find out who was right, Saturday.
To be fair I did run the Marathon last year with Chuck and Robin.  We had a good time, but the Marathon is not the 50.  This time everything will be different.  I am not sure if Jim and I will run the whole race together or if we will split up and run our own races but either way it is going to be an adventure!

In honor of the momentous occasion I have decided to bring back the Haiku.

Running fifty miles
Rocks,  roots, trees, and streams for hours
Repeat second loop

1 comment:

  1. Love the haiku. I'm excited for you guys. I guess it's easy to be excited when I'm not going to have to run 50 miles. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete