"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Books I Have Read So Far This Year

Just so you know I do have interests outside of endurance sports, and hating elevators.  I enjoy reading very much but I am a VERY slow reader.  The first app I downloaded for my iPhone was Kindle from Amazon.  This app is awesome!  It allows me to always have my book with me so any time I have a spare moment I can do a little reading, which translates into reading more.  It also breaks me away from page numbers that only reinforce how slow I read.









3 comments:

  1. They were all pretty good, but if I had to recommend one it would have to be "Born to Run" because it got me excited about running long distance again, and "The Republic of Pirates" because it was a well rounded book that told the story from both sides. I know that was two but they were my two favorites. There were other books that I started to read and stopped for various reasons that are not listed here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Born to Run. I expected a book about running, but instead it was a STORY about running...that got ME excited about running long distance for the first time ever.

    The others look pretty interesting, too. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm always looking for good books.

    ReplyDelete