"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Oh No not AGAIN!!!

Since my road bike needs to go to the shop for new spokes I figured I would brush the dust off my mountain bike and take it out for a spin yesterday. About two miles from home pedaling started to feel weird. I thought my left pedal was going to fall off but as it turns out the whole left crank arm came off. I bet I looked silly standing there next to my bike trying to disengage from the pedal with the crank arm hanging from it. So that's two bikes down in two rides. Luckily I can fix the mountain bike myself, it just looks like the bolt that hold everything together came loose.
I also ran 6.2 miles yesterday after I made it home from the bike ride. I was surprised that I ran that in my 2nd fastest time ever. Maybe there is something to the idea of warming up after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment