"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Accountability

It's no secret that I am not in great shape.  Many times I have started working out with great enthusiasm only to have my enthusiasm peter out within a week.  This time is different, I call it "New Monday".  So what is different about this time you ask?  Well for starters I am taking things slowly, and not trying to kill myself to get results immediately.  Next my running miles are next to nothing (in the past I would say the workouts affected my running negatively).  Finally I am enjoying myself.  I can see where I am going but I am not in such a big hurry to get there.

So what am I doing and what are my goals?

First my goal is to get to 160lbs (I know blah blah you shouldn't focus on a number).  This is the weight I was when I got out of the army and it is a good weight for me.  When I get to 170 though I will reevaluate where I am and decide if I want to drop the last 10 pounds or not.  If you look to the right you will see my new weight loss widget, currently I have 30lbs to lose.  I will get there, but like I said I am not in a hurry.

In order to achieve my goal I am being more careful about what I eat, I ride my bike, occasionally run, and do P90X.  I think this is a recipe for success.

So now that I have put it out there I am accountable.  It's New Monday and things are about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment