"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday

Today was a good day for running. I was going to do the "Celebrating Abilities" 5k but I decided instead to do a nice long training run. Ultimately I ran ~12 miles. I could have gone much farther as I felt pretty good at the end. The split for my last mile was 8 minutes which I actually found a bit surprising. It is my natural tendency to run too much and injure myself so I decided it would be better to head for home instead of to parts unknown.
I have been doing some research, and have started to fuel differently on my runs. So far everything has been going pretty well. The difference is noticable. My strategy for berryman is still up in the air though. I don't know if I am going to wear my Camelbak or not. Running two 25 mile loops doesn't leave much room for error, I'll only have two chances to grab what I need with 25 miles of regret if I should forget something.
Next weekend we are going to Berryman so Beth can get an idea of what to expect when we go down for the race. I am glad we are going because I want to get another look at the trail since the last time I was there Michael and I made a wrong turn and we ended up on the Ozark trail instead. Hopefully this time I'll be able to stay on the right path.
Overall I am truly excited about my first Ultra. So far I feel like a pretender, but come May 17th if I make the cut-off which is really my only goal for the race I will be able to call myself an Ultrarunner albeit a slow out of shape ultrarunner but an ultrarunner none the less.
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment