"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Road Less Travelled or 6+10


Beth and I went to see "Run Fat Boy Run" last night. It wasn't the best movie, but it had its moments. Runners will find something with which to connect. I enjoyed it even though I was expecting something along the lines of "Shawn of the Dead" or "Hot Fuzz" two movies that I love.
This morning I was so close to bailing on my run. I just didn't feel like going. I logged onto Peak.com and that inspired me to get out there and run. Since the St Louis Marathon is coming up Sunday I planned on heading out to the Nature Trail to do my normal 10k out and back route. I can't quite explain what happens to me when I get out on the trail. I ended up running between 14-16 miles depending on which map you believe. I came to the turn around and decided to keep on going, figuring that I would run on to the four mile mark and then turn around, but instead of turning right onto the Bluff Trail I kept going on the Nature Trail at that point I really wasn't sure how far I would go. I decided to run for an hour and turn around. I made it all the way to I255. The whole run lasted 2hours and 5 minutes. It made me happy to have such a good run, I feel like I will do well next week at the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment