"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Albert PrintWorks


The family and I have started a business. We are doing some screen printing out of our basement. So far we have done t-shirts, tote bags and lunch bags. Everything so far has gone pretty smoothly over all. We are still novices at this type of endeavor, and there have been setbacks as well as a few rough spots, but nothing we haven't been able to overcome. I think for being new to this business the quality of our work is very good. I'll post some pictures of the things we have printed. I have always wanted to learn how to screen print so we bought a small starter kit and played around with that for a while. Now we have a six color two station press. We haven't had any orders for multiple colors yet so that is something to which I look forward. I would like to make multi-colored shirts for the family to wear at the St Louis Marathon just to advertise the business a little bit, but I don't think I will have time. I think time is the only place this business hurts us. Since we don't have all of the fancy equipment everything takes a little bit longer than it should, and when you multiply that by say 100 shirts it really adds up. So for right now we are reinvesting the money that we make back into the business so we can buy better equipment. The plan is to retire at 57 and have this business to supplement my pension. I know I won't be able to retire and kick my feet up for the rest of my life so I figure why not start a business and create my own schedule so I can be free to do the things I want to do. So I guess we'll see how it goes. We have 20 years to make this business a success.
NAMASTE...

No comments:

Post a Comment