"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Passion Quest

Watch the video first...I'll wait...





I've been struggling with this problem for a while now.  All of the things that I used to have a great amount of passion for have fizzled out.  The worst part is feeling like a total failure.  I had such lofty goals, I was on a path toward accomplishing great things (as much as skateboarding over 100miles can be considered a great thing).

The real problem though is not the loss of passion.  The real problem is that I stopped trying.  It's as if I expect to wake up one morning and find that everything is like it used to be.  I realize now that without at least some effort on my part that will never happen.

But what about the 100plusProject?

The answer is nebulous at best.

100plus was my great passion project, until it wasn't.  I still love the concept but right now it doesn't move me, and trying to drag it along behind me is exhausting.  So for the time being the project is dormant (unless someone else wants to give it a go, seriously contact me, we'll talk).  Maybe when I find my passion again it will become active again but for now it's time to let it go.

1 comment:

  1. That was a good video. I actually listened to the podcast episode he references a few months ago. I hope you find the thing that catches your interest again. And in the meantime, let me know if you're interested in a semi-regular weekly evening trail run (and by run I mean jog/hike).

    ReplyDelete