"For an occurrence to become an adventure, it is necessary and sufficient for one to recount it." ~ Jean-Paul Sartre

Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Spirit of the Osage

Sunday I am going to run my second Ultra (50k). Up until about a week ago I thought it was going to be on trails. I was looking at the flier and happened to notice that it said the course was 100% pavement. I don't mind running on pavement but I was expecting a different experience. I should have read a little more carefully. The good news is that I will get to meet some more SLUGS. I've only met a few and it will be good to introduce myself. I need to try and make it to one of the weekend runs, but it is hard with my race schedule plus I don't like to drive so far just for a training run when I can run the trails at SIUE every Saturday with Metro Tri Club. Travis Liles organizes a SLUG weekend run out at the SIUE mtb trails so I will try to make it to that the first chance I get. I would like to find the easiest way to link the two trail systems together because I believe that would make for a great run. I'm sure the Vadalabene trail would be the way to go. I'll ask Jeff Schleicher if he knows the best way since know he runs both sets of trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment